The senior robotics software architect will play a key role in the development of the robotic systems for a variety of applications. He/she will work closely with the other software engineers as well as scientist and system engineers from other groups to architect, design and implement software solutions based on user requirements. We are looking for a candidate that can work independently and also function well within a team, is flexible, self-motivated, curious and willing to revolutionize the world of robotics.
• Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to our software engineers to develop software for robotics system applications
• Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
• Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions
• Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
• Design, implement, and validate C++ applications
• Integrate and test software solutions in simulation and on the robotic systems
• Take part in the implementation of a development environment tools for our robotic systems
• Quickly implement proof of concepts and test them on the systems
• Participate in design discussion and code review
• Strong experience with Agile process and implementation
• MS or PhD (preferred) in Robotics, Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years’ experience designing and building software applications for complex electro-mechanical systems
• Strong background in object oriented programming and system architecture
• Proficiency with C/C++ programming and multi-threaded applications
• Strong experience in robotic and control architecture
• Experience with robotics software library and robotics simulator such as ROS, Gazebo
• Experience with real-time software applications and RTOS
• Experience with Unit testing and software verification and validation processes
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Experience with one or more of the following domains are highly desired: Machine Vison, Computer Vision, Path Planning, Autonomous Systems, Machine Learning
• Experience with dynamics simulation libraries
• Experience with EtherCAT, TCP/IP based network programming
U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Employment with SRI International is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background check.
About SRI International
From the computer mouse to robotic surgery, cancer treatments, Siri, and more, SRI's 70+ years of innovation have created new industries, billions of dollars in market value, and lasting benefits to society. SRI is organized around broad disciplines and capabilities, from R&D divisions, labs and centers to groups who excel at identifying new opportunities and developing products and custom solutions. All our teams are driven to solve important, difficult challenges and to transform ideas into reality for clients and partners. Invent, innovate, and impact is the big picture. Join SRI and make your mark on the world by developing new solutions to important problems