Our project is developing a new class of robotic platforms for social interaction. The project is at an exciting early stage where you can have significant strategic impact on a potentially massive market opportunity. Your role is to develop software for computer vision across a global effort that includes locations in Silicon Valley, Boston, Shenzhen, and Beijing. You will work with a cross-disciplinary team of designers, hardware engineers, and software engineers in order to rapidly prototype real-time perception modules on social robots and take them to production. Your responsibilities will span algorithm design, implementation, and evaluation for both prototyping and production code.
- Design, implement, and evaluate algorithms for detection and interpretation of human activity and objects, and estimation of affective state
- Develop and integrate vision modules for rapid prototyping
- Debug and optimize performance of production code
- Write documentation and tests for code
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary team of designers, hardware engineers, and software engineers to design solutions
- Work independently and in a self-directed manner on software implementation
Requirements for position:
- MS in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years developing computer vision systems
- Experience with real-time detection, pose estimation, and tracking of people
- Experience with machine learning for vision and associated frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Caffe, Torch)
- Experience with data collection and annotation for novel problems
- Experience programming in C++ and Python
- Work authorization in the US
- Willingness to travel internationally and work across time zones
- PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with multimodal sensor fusion
- Experience with depth (RGBD, stereo) perception
- Experience with robotics systems
- Experience with performance optimization for embedded platforms
Huawei Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Huawei Technologies
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population. Huawei has over 150,000 employees, approximately 70,000 of which are engaged in Research & development. Huawei operates a global network of 14 regional headquarters, 16 R&D Centers, 28 Innovation Centers jointly operated with customers, and 45 Training Centers. Huawei is leading the way by rethinking the future. From devices to telecom infrastructure to cloud computing and convergence solutions, we are rethinking every link in the chain with ICT based innovation to deliver a better future... faster.