Our project is developing a new class of robotic platforms for social interaction. You will work with a cross-disciplinary team of designers, hardware engineers, and software engineers in order to rapidly prototype robotics interaction concepts. These hardware platforms may encompass multiple robots as well as a surrounding ecosystem of hardware accessories. You will take the lead on hardware engineering decisions during the prototype stage and manage transitions from prototype to production.
- Lead the development of robotics hardware prototypes from design to construction
- Contribute creative ideas and communicate engineering tradeoffs during the design process
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary team of designers and engineers
- Manage the transition of prototypes to production
- Hire hardware engineers to support prototype development
- Set up and manage processes for building and testing hardware
Requirements for position:
- 5+ years developing electromechanical systems
- Skills for rapid prototyping – laser cutting, milling, 3D printing, fabrication
- Experience with CAD/CAM
- Experience developing robotics systems including sensors, actuators, structures, materials
- Experience with embedded controls
- Work authorization in the US
- Willingness to travel internationally and work across time zones
- Experience developing consumer products
- Experience leading hardware projects from concept to creation
- Experience with industrial design
- Experience designing for manufacturing
Huawei Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Huawei Technologies
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population. Huawei has over 150,000 employees, approximately 70,000 of which are engaged in Research & development. Huawei operates a global network of 14 regional headquarters, 16 R&D Centers, 28 Innovation Centers jointly operated with customers, and 45 Training Centers. Huawei is leading the way by rethinking the future. From devices to telecom infrastructure to cloud computing and convergence solutions, we are rethinking every link in the chain with ICT based innovation to deliver a better future... faster.