SoftBank Robotics is looking for a tenacious, self-starting Sales Engineer to support SoftBank Robotics’ business growth in North/Latin America.
Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the field sales force. Sales Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in product sales and knowledge of technology. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and can communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Must be prepared for extensive travel.
- Create and deliver technical sales presentations and highly personalized product demonstrations.
- Provide Product Management, Marketing, and other relevant teams with input and feedback on product direction, individual features, positioning, and competitive discoveries.
- Serve as a technical coach to your colleagues in sales, business development, marketing and operations.
- Join technically oriented calls and conversations with future clients.
- Create images and assets for the development of applications.
- Perform remote and on-site technical presentations and demonstrations.
- Respond to technical elements of RFI’s / RFP’s.
- Handle critical and high priority customer requests.
- Travel for projects, customers, and events as required.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience in pre-sales engagements and supporting sales colleagues in achieving and exceeding territory revenue plans.
- 1-2 years of experience in programming with languages such as Python, C++, or Java.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs (occasionally, 1ft from the ground).
- Ability to estimate projects large and small, including assessing and mitigating risk.
- Strong problem solving skills, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (detail oriented).
- Strong group presentation and technical demonstration skills.
- Exceptional written skills and ability to produce high quality client presentation (RFIs/RFPs).
- Ability to create and support internal customers with creative works using software such as Adobe Photoshop and / or Illustrator.
- Comfortable managing multiple concurrent opportunities and delivering on time.
- Ability to effectively manage workload / time management skill is a must.
About SoftBank Robotics America
SoftBank Robotics is the leading humanoid robotics company in the world. Pepper is a humanoid robot, engaging, surprising, and above all kind. Pepper is the first emotional robot who is able to interact with customers and adaptable to any business needs. Pepper is much more than the newest tech product – Pepper is here to stay and change the way we live our lives!