(SSCI) is a leading provider of mission planning, data understanding, and autonomy solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industries. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in the metro-Boston area, SSCI has built a reputation for delivering high quality and mission relevant machine intelligence solutions.
SSCI is an industry leader in research and development, and is among the Top 20 companies in highly competitive Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program. The company has customers and business relationships with all major branches of the U.S Department of Defense, NASA, and many of the leading prime contractors, including Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, and Raytheon.
Software Engineer / Application Engineer (job code SSCI-1527)
MSc with 2-3 years experience or BSc with 3-5 years experience in Software Engineering.
- Systems and software engineering, implementation, testing and support for advanced technology development in the area of vision aided guidance, navigation and control systems.
- The successful applicants will contribute to the development, integration and field testing of software systems in these areas.
- 3-5 years experience in application software development.
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink code generation toolsets (e.g. MATLAB Coder, Simulink Coder / Real-Time Workshop, Fixed Point Designer, etc.)
- Experience with systems and software engineering processes (software planning, design, development tools, configuration management, test and QA methods).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with computer vision and/or image processing algorithm implementation.
- Experience with embedded software development.
- Experience with fixed-point software development.
- Experience with GUI development.
- Experience programming for web-based applications.
- Experience working with databases (e.g. SQLite).
- Salary is competitive with market rates.
- In addition, SSCI offers a generous benefits package, which includes an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Bonus plan, Profit Sharing/401K, and Health / Life / Disability Insurance.
- US Citizenship and eligibility for DoD Security Clearance are required for this position.
- Include the Job Code (use Subject Line) and at least three (3) references with your correspondence for prompt consideration.
About Scientific Systems Company
A privately held company based in Massachusetts, SSCI is one of the top 20 recipients of Small Business Innovation Research awards in the U.S., and we are recognized by the U.S. Navy and Army for our record of successful technology transitions.