We are looking for an excellent software/mechatronics engineer to join SwarmFarm Robotics in Queensland, Australia. Position details are given below.
Interested candidates should contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Company overview:
SwarmFarm was born from a collaboration between world-leading agriculturalists and roboticists in Australia. As a business, SwarmFarm represents one of the first successful transitions of agricultural robotics research from the laboratory to the real world. We use modern robotics as a tool to deliver high-value operational outcomes to growers. Our founders are leading Australian growers who know how to operate profitably in some of the world’s harshest environmental conditions. Technical development is led by Australian experts in field robotics. Together, we are helping to define the new world of robotic agriculture.
SwarmFarm Robotics is seeking a software/mechatronics engineer to help us build robots that live and work on farms. Our robots are useful, usable, and robust, and are in daily operation at farms in Central Queensland, Australia. The successful candidate will join our engineering team in refining and extending our robots’ capabilities. We are looking for someone with strong object-oriented software development skills with a mechatronics bent.
Qualifications and skills:
– Undergraduate degree or higher in computer science, robotics, engineering or related field
– Experience in object-oriented development with C++
– Comfort with linux systems and software development in a linux environment
– Familiarity with software development lifecycle and processes
– Familiarity with mechatronic systems
– Demonstrated ability to aggressively attack and solve problems
– Ability to work flexible hours to support field operations deadlines
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Interest in revolutionising farming systems Preferred skills:
– Experience with ROS
– Professional experience in software or mechatronics development
– Demonstrated ability to work in interdisciplinary teams